Header 1

Header 1
All images below are clickable

Wednesday 12 July 2017

Early Chalk Hill

The Chalk Hill Blue Butterfly.

The earliest I have observed this species previously was the 12th of July. 
This year I found one or two on the 10th at the normal place I would expect to find them.
So its early days yet and perhaps another 7 to 10 days before numbers in some strength emerge.

This species is normally only found in Southern England, but we are fortunate in Northern part of East Anglia of having a very specific local location with all the correct habitat that this very pretty butterfly exists.












6 comments:

  1. Sinisiipi on todella kaunis perhonen;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha!...beat ya! I saw my first (2) CHB's of the year on the 5th, about two weeks earlier than last year! You got me back with this cracking set of images though, I haven't managed to get any yet this year!...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trevor, I was quite fortunate with these.
      I only found a one at a time and had to wait around a lot for it. It dod pose nicely once it turned up though.

      Delete
  3. Very nice hit, I like very well
    Greetings Frank

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting
and commenting on my blog